Happy 3rd of July Everyone!
Since most people will be off work celebrating the 4th tomorrow, I wanted to share with you a recipe that is quick and easy and delicious without a lot of guilt.
Recently, I have been trying really hard to cut down on my sugar intake. This recipe is delicious and super easy to make! Just so you know ahead of time- these brownies will seem a little more dense so the batter will need to be spread around a little.
Star Spangled Sugar Free Brownies
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil-melted
- 4 tbsp-1% milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, milk, vanilla, applesauce and egg.
- Add cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt and stevia and mix well.
- Grease or Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Personally, I preferred these brownies with icing and to save time I used the Pillsbury Sugar Free Chocolate Icing and then topped with a 4th of July sprinkle mix.