Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!!
I hope you are having a great day so far!
This week is a little bit different than others because while I am working part of Saturday, I actually have Thursday off! That is a nice little break in the middle of the week to actually go out into the world during the day and get things done.
Damiean and I celebrated our Valentine’s Day last night, sorta. By that I mean that we love each other every day of the year so last night we spent time together going to dinner, listening to music and exchanging cards and small gifts. Today was just busy- starting with a work out this morning, coffee with my sister, getting my hair cut and colored and then an early lunch/dinner with my family. Are you celebrating today or holding off until the weekend?
Since today is Valentine’s, but some some people wont be celebrating until this weekend, I wanted to share with you my how-to on Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Treats. These are super easy and would be fun to make with the kids as well.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cups pink melting chocolate chips
- Melt the butter on low heat in a large pot. Once the butter is melted stir in vanilla and add marshmallows slowly. Continue stirring until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove pot from heat.
- Add in rice cereal and stirring as you go. Continue to stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Grease the back of a flat spatula and press mixture into an 13 X 9 pan that is coated with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper. If you want to add some additional holiday decor- Add sprinkles to the top and press again lightly so the sprinkles stick.
- Once cooled, use a lightly greased cookie cutter and cut into shapes desired (whatever size you would like) and set on wax paper.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave at 25 second intervals stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted. If chocolate seems gloopy, add about 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening until it becomes smooth. Dip rice krispie treats in chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate, then add sprinkle to the top. Another options is to use a fork and drizzle chocolate over the top of the treats.
- Let chocolate set up and serve.
- Wanting to use these as a fun gift for family or friends? Place treats in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon!
These were so much fun and I have such a wonderful time making them!