It’s finally Thursday which means we only need to make it through one more day before the weekend is here again. I don’t know about where you live but here in AZ it is hot, hot hot. That being said I am always looking for a quick, easy recipe that can be cooked up on the grill so I don’t have to turn on the oven.I came across this awesome recipe on Pinterest and decided to alter it to fit my families tastes. I hope you enjoy!
Shrimp Tacos & Mango Salsa
**This recipe can be adapted to cook inside or outside. I chose to use fajita pans and cook mine on the grill.
- 1.5- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pounds of shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails removed
- taco seasoning or chili powder and salt to taste
- 1 cup of mango, finely diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ of a jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds and ribs to make it milder)
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- Shrimp: To prepare the shrimp I combined the olive oil, shrimp (whole), a little cilantro and taco seasoning. I mixed it all together in a medium sized bowl and then placed it (covered) in the fridge to marinate.
- For the mango salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt to taste. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Once the salsa was finished,place a tablespoon of butter and a little bit of garlic on a fajita pan. The pans were then placed on a preheated grill until the butter was melted.
- Once the butter is melted, place a single layer of shrimp inside the pans. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve: Warm the tortillas. Layer your favorite toppings and add some mango salsa and serve immediately.
These tacos were so, so good that we cleared our plates!I would highly recommend them for an upcoming taco Tuesday or just a regular night.
What is your favorite meal during the summer time?