I hope all of you are having a fantastic Tuesday! So far mine has been somewhat busy but with a lot of delay. My mom always describes people as being a delay fish ( shout out to the Disney movie fans who know what movie that’s from,lol). However, she seems to fail to realize that she falls into that category quite often.So my morning was basically one step forward and two steps back!
Anyways, the rest of the day is looking good! What do you have planned for today?
I thought I would do something new today and tell you 10 random things about myself and my blog.
One fun fact before we get started, When I first started getting to know my main squeeze we used the 10 fun facts to get to know new things about each other. I loved it because it allowed us to be silly while sharing things that not everyone knew about us. My favorite one of his is that he hates the feel of tearing cotton balls apart.
If for some reason none of these answer a pressing question you have about myself or my blog, you can always reach out to me at email@example.com!
Let’s Get Started….
- I love reading horoscopes and zodiac characteristics. Even though I rarely actually believe my horoscope, I feel like it is serendipitous when I do read them and something comes true! I saw this post on Twitter regarding characteristics of Sagittarius and I relate to almost everything on the list.
- I am addicted to coffee mugs! You can ask my main squeeze and he will happily tell you that I have a “problem”. It is not so much coffee mugs or cups in general it is a specific kind…Disney! Every time I have visited Disneyland or California Adventure over the past few months, a new mug has jumped into my suitcase on the way home. Lately, I have been using the same mug everyday and that is my Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend mug. For the past 3 years I have tried and tried to make it to the Expo before they sold out of the coffee mug and every year I was left disappointed, but not this year. I was so happy to see a whole wall of mugs when I arrived. Even as I thought of the 10 mugs I had waiting for me at home…I couldn’t resist. As anyone who has ever been to a Run Disney race expo, if you see something you want- grab it! It will not be there if you change your mind.
- I am a planner addict! I cannot even begin to tell you how addicted I am to planning! It all started with an Erin Condren planner and my addiction was set! Currently I use a PlanAhead planner that I purchased from Wal-Mart for around $10.00. While it is not an Erin Condren, it is amazing! I love decorating each week with a new theme which I think I will start sharing on Instagram with all of you. In addition to the planner I have an entire box of decorations that contains a huge amount of tapes, stickers, sticky notes and decorations. I was thrilled a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon an entire group of hashtags that are related to people showing off their planners and decorations. #friendsforlife
- I love buying school supplies. I think that goes back to the addiction to planning. Every year when school supplies comes out in July/ August, there’s always a little thrill in my heart thinking of how organized I am going to get. It makes me a little sad to think that within the next two months I will be finished with school forever…
- My favorite Disney princess is Sleeping Beauty. Since I was a teenager I have collected different types of souvenirs featuring my favorite princess. It always scares me when I dust or remove things from this shelf since a few of these pieces have been discontinued and would be very difficult to replace.
- Why is my Blog called Running Around With Lindsey? When I originally started blogging a few years ago my blog had a different name. Since then I have changed names three times trying to find one that fit. While brainstorming I came up with this name and thought it fit because I would be able to share my adventures in running races as well as running around in my daily life! So Running Around With Lindsey became my permanent home.
- I switched majors 4 times before finding my niche. If you are currently in school or preparing to go into college this fall and thinking, holy moly, I have no idea what I am going to do, don’t worry, you are not alone. When I first started college, my major was marine biology which then changed into hospitality and then made the transition to possibly nutrition and then finally to management. While I still love the fishes and nutrition, business is where I belong. I do plan on potentially utilizing my certification as a travel and tourism specialist along with my bachelors in business together in the future. For now, I am happy to blog here, work a few odd jobs and plan vacations for awesome folks like you! If you are interested in planning a vacation, I am an active travel agent and happy to help. I specialize in vacations to the Southwest as well as anything Disney!
- I love oldies music. If you ask my sisters, I am a 50 year old woman in a 30 year old’s body! I am a huge fan of Barry Manilow, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys as well as many other oldies but goodies. However, my music taste does differ drastically when I run. Since my playlist does motivate me, I will share it within the next few days, maybe you will find something new that you love!
- My favorite holiday is Christmas. While most people say that and say it is because of the presents, I love it for a different reason. I love being with my family, having one magical day when it feels like the outside world doesn’t really exist. I am a bit anxious about this coming year since it is the one year anniversary of when my aunt passed away but hopefully we can use that opportunity to celebrate her life and all the wonderful Christmas Day’s we celebrated with her.
- I love motivational quotes and collages. If there is a movie or TV show that has a motivation character or quote, I am all over it and it will be printed and near my desk! My favorite lately is “Like A Boss”. I have this printed and framed on my desk to remind me everyday what motivates me. So there it is, 10 facts about me! What is a fun fact about you?